Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supplier Credit Notes in WebERP
02-12-2015, 12:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 12:06 AM by agaluski.)
Supplier Credit Notes in WebERP
We buy raw materials tied to a market index. So we may place a P/O for a product at .75/LB. We receive the material and an invoice (for .75/LB) and then we sell it. A week or two later we may get a Credit Note from our supplier that is .02/LB market correction. So we really owe them .73/LB for the material we bought (and already sold)
Is the following situation a bug? If I enter a Supplier Invoice and tie it to the GRN and use the same Qty originally invoiced but use .02 Price discount I get a posting that puts the Original Std Cost @ time of receipt back into GR Suspense. I reduce my A/P by .02/Lb and the difference goes into Purchase Price variance account. GR suspense now shows a liability we will never have and my variance account is WAY off (part of Cost of Sales). Also - my average cost is updates to .02 (assume no existing OH qty) instead of .73. Ideally I would like to see this be a simple transaction - A/P and P/O Variance. And have my recent sales analysis and stockmoves updated (Like they are when invoicing, although this can be improved). I know I can enter the Credit against the G/L but then my salesanalysis and stockmoves used for sales inquiry with GPA%) won't be updated. These are used quite heavily.
Anybody else have a similar situation? I guess a flag would be needed to tell the system this is 1) a reversal and perform the full transaction with GR Suspense or 2) this is a 'discount' or price adjustment
Another option is I can enter a credit note for the entire original amount of the original invoice and match that to the supptrans so now I owe $0 and then enter the net amount as a third invoice but now my system has 3 transactions for 2 supplier documents
Thoughts?
02-12-2015, 10:07 AM,
RE: Supplier Credit Notes in WebERP
Once the GRN has an invoice against the quantity - the plan was that you should not be able to enter another invoice against it.
The solution is to enter a credit note against the original invoice for the 0.75/lb and enter a new invoice against the reinstated GRN at 0.73/lb.
When you enter a credit note against a GRN - whole GRN in reinstated and the assumption that the credit is for the whole amount of the stock the GRN relates to. Yes this could be improved.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
02-12-2015, 11:23 PM,
RE: Supplier Credit Notes in WebERP
I believe I will have us use this process