Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ofx/csv ledger import?
05-02-2012, 05:16 AM,
ofx/csv ledger import?
What would be very nice for new users and old is the ability to download bank statements and import them. Import of .ofx or csv in a predetermined format would be very useful.
How do other people import (other than manually) financial data for un-invoiced transactions such as travel expenses charged to a credit card and the like? Any way to automate reconcile electronic bank statements against the general ledger? Anyone got any useful SQL queries for doing such?
05-04-2012, 06:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012, 05:09 PM by phil.)
RE: ofx/csv ledger import?
I have done this for MT940 bank statements - I need to work with some other formats to get something more generic and get some file examples. I was thinking of charging for this as an add on though - see my web-site.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
12-17-2014, 01:22 AM,
(05-04-2012, 06:31 PM)phil Wrote: I have done this for MT940 bank statements - I need to work with some other formats to get something more generic and get some file examples. I was thinking of charging for this as an add on though - see my web-site.
Hello,

Have you done anything about this ?
Are you still willing to keep it out of the open source version of weberp ?
12-17-2014, 02:51 PM,
i did add the GIFTS format too not ofx or csv
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
12-18-2014, 01:55 AM,
I have done the format for Quickbooks .qbo files which looks to actually be an OFX file (Header data plus XML).
I am attaching that script (Which replaces the MT940 in my system).
We are not using it. I tested on 3-4 files downloaded from a bank with success however it hasn't seen "production level testing".

Attached Files
.php   ImportBankTrans.php (Size: 26.26 KB / Downloads: 11)