Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bug in mrp due date for top wo
04-17-2012, 02:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 03:17 AM by opto.)
bug in mrp due date for top wo
looking at the mrp reschedules,

I get that my top WO (=BOM) needs to be canceled. The child suggested wo are correct in this aspect.

Looking at the mrp_supplies table, I see that MRP calulation determined an mrpdate in 2050 for all top level wo that went into a mrp calculation.
Can anybody help with an idea why?
The lead times are ok (1 day), as well as the suggested wo, which was converted.

who is using mrp_calculations in which weberp version? Anybody successfully uses 4.07.6?

any help is appreciated,

Klaus
edit: the date is ok until ca. line 434, where it is taken in a sql request from the dates entered into the wo. Somewhere after that line the date is changed into 2050.

also, I see that there are many lines without item name in the mrpsuppkies table, is that correct?
this is done by levelnetting because it thinks that the items of the top level wo are unnecessary (no requirement entered into the table), so it sets the due date to 2050.:
from code: // If there are any supplies not used and updateflag is zero, those supplies are not
// necessary, so change date
04-17-2012, 05:31 AM,
RE: bug in mrp due date for top wo
even after making sure that all constituent parts have been ordered (lead time ok - 1 day), it still says cancel for a wo due Apr 30 with component buy lead time of 1 day and today Apr 16th.

any ideas?
04-17-2012, 12:39 PM,
Hi, Klaus:

You'd better use MRP (Main->Manufacturing->MRP) to check if the Top parts is really necessary or not.

The reason for items appears on rescheduling requirement is that duedate (the planned supply date) is different from requirement date( the planned requirement date). There is one situation should be emphasize is that those redundant supply, there is no requirement for them, then its duedate is revised to 2050, and system suggest to cancel those planning about those items.

Best regards!

Exson

04-17-2012, 04:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 04:53 PM by opto.)
So that means if I have a 'make to stock' (no requirement due to a purchase order), the MRP planning will ask me to cancel that work order after running the MRP calculation.

I would call that a bug ...

Knowing that one has to be careful about the 'cancel' may be sufficient at the moment.

This took me half a day of debugging and looking at source code, and I came to the same conclusion (there is no requirement entered into the table).

I will add a remark to the wiki under MRP, so that others will not stumble at the same point as long as this is not updated.

thanks for your explanations,

Klaus

Proposal to correct this:

in levelnetting, where the date is changed: or when the rescheduling pdf is created, there we know the id of the wo that is proposed to be canceled.
If it is a make to stock, that wo has no reference to a po.
Can't we look that up and in this case print MTS instead of cancel?

Klaus
see note on http://www.weberp.org/MRP
04-17-2012, 05:47 PM,
Hi, Klaus:
You're a nice to consider other users. That's great!

There are master plan for you to build to MRP requirements to meet your production style build to stock.

If I'm wrong, please correct me!

Best regards!

Exson