webERP Forum
Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - Printable Version

+- webERP Forum (http://www.weberp.org/forum)
+-- Forum: webERP Discussion (http://www.weberp.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Problems / Bugs? (http://www.weberp.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php (/showthread.php?tid=2962)

Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - PakRicard - 01-03-2017

Hi all:
Just merged webERP commit 7715 and found that GLCashFlowsIndirect.php is showing the following warnings:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/mydomain.com/GLCashFlowsIndirect.php on line 79

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/mydomain.com/GLCashFlowsIndirect.php on line 80

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/mydomain.com/GLCashFlowsIndirect.php on line 100

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/mydomain.com/GLCashFlowsIndirect.php on line 109

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/mydomain.com/GLCashFlowsIndirect.php on line 468

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/mydomain.com/GLCashFlowsIndirect.php on line 485

It is the first time I used this script, so not sure since which commit it shows the warnings.

RE: Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - TimSchofield - 01-03-2017

Hi Ricard, it is caused by the DB_query() function being inside the call to the DB_fetch_array() function. eg DB_fetch_array(DB_query("some sql"));

Strictly speaking the & before the variable in the declaration of the functions in ConnectDB_XXXX.inc should be removed as it is obsolete in modern versions of PHP.

Tim

RE: Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - PakRicard - 01-05-2017

Thanks Tim. Fixed and commited.

RE: Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - PakRicard - 01-06-2017

Also thanks to Rafael, who commited the bit I forgot :-)

RE: Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - Rafael Chacón - 01-07-2017

Hi,

You are welcome Pak Ricard. For future reference: Commit [r7717]: For strict Standards, removes the "&" before the variable in DB_fetch_row() and in DB_fetch_array() in ConnectDB_XXX.inc. Thanks Tim. (https://sourceforge.net/p/web-erp/code/7717/).

Should we remove the rest of "&" before the variable in ConnectDB_XXX.inc?

Best regards, Rafael.

RE: Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - TimSchofield - 01-07-2017

Simple answer Rafael is yes :-)

Tim

RE: Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - PakRicard - 01-09-2017

Hi Rafael:

I just realized that your commit 7719 rollback the changes commited in 7716 about the warnings I found in this script. Did you find some side effect and decided to rollback?

Thanks.

RE: Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - TimSchofield - 01-12-2017

Hi Ricard, I am not sure whether Rafael intended to rollback those changes however making the changes in the ConnectDB_XXXX.inc files means that the changes in the script are not strictly necessary. However personally I prefer the statements to be split on separate lines as is usual in webERP, but thats just a personal preference.

Tim

RE: Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - PakRicard - 01-13-2017

(01-12-2017, 08:07 PM)falkoner Wrote: Hi Ricard, I am not sure whether Rafael intended to rollback those changes however making the changes in the ConnectDB_XXXX.inc files means that the changes in the script are not strictly necessary. However personally I prefer the statements to be split on separate lines as is usual in webERP, but thats just a personal preference.

Tim

Thanks Tim. I misunderstood the issue, then.

RE: Warnings shown in GLCashFlowsIndirect.php - Rafael Chacón - 01-14-2017

Hi Ricard,

The problem was caused by the operator "&" before the variable in DB_fetch_row() and in DB_fetch_array() in ConnectDB_XXX.inc. Using multiples lines (multiples variables) solves the way the last variable is seen by PHP (in strict mode) but not solves the problem itself.

When we remove the "&" before the variable in DB_fetch_row() and in DB_fetch_array() in ConnectDB_XXX.inc (commit r7717), we solved the problem here and in other scripts.

I restored the "compact" code because I prefer to simplify the code to easy understand (less lines, less variables, less steps) and to have a"very little" less use of resources.

Best regards, Rafael.