webERP Forum
Receive serialised purchased items - Printable Version

+- webERP Forum (http://www.weberp.org/forum)
+-- Forum: webERP Discussion (http://www.weberp.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: How To ? (http://www.weberp.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Receive serialised purchased items (/showthread.php?tid=2841)

Receive serialised purchased items - aurovrata - 08-21-2016

I am using webERP 4.13.

When I receive purchased items which have been set up as serialised & controlled, I have to enter a serial label for each unit of items.

We order items in kg, which means that if we order 100 kg of a given item, we have to enter 100 different labels. That seems wrong. We want to order a single label for the 100 kg, or if our order comes in 2 bags of 50 kg we want to be able to enter a labels for each 50kg bag.

How do we do this? In previous versions of webERP we use to be able to setup manual qty for each label, why can't this be done anymore?

RE: Receive serialised purchased items - phil - 08-22-2016

Well if the item is defined as controlled ... NOT serialised then you can use LOT control and work as you describe.

RE: Receive serialised purchased items - aurovrata - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 07:16 AM)phil Wrote: Well if the item is defined as controlled ... NOT serialised then you can use LOT control and work as you describe.

Dear Phil

thanks, I realised this with some more experimentation last night. However, I now have 1 more question,

if we have controlled purchased items, which are used to make serialised products, can we still trace which item batch were used for mfg'ing these products?

RE: Receive serialised purchased items - phil - 08-23-2016

Yes the data for the stock movement contains the detail of which batch it came from there is a table called stockserialmoves that contains the details for all controlled stock movements (not just serialised items).
You will have to specify the lot that the material comes from when it is issued to the work order to make a serialised item. So the issue will have a stock movement record that can be interrogated.

RE: Receive serialised purchased items - aurovrata - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 08:45 AM)phil Wrote: Yes the data for the stock movement contains the detail of which batch it came from there is a table called stockserialmoves that contains the details for all controlled stock movements (not just serialised items).
You will have to specify the lot that the material comes from when it is issued to the work order to make a serialised item. So the issue will have a stock movement record that can be interrogated.

Thank you for the explanation, I have been -re-reading the manual, and understand now that Serialised items are special cases of Controlled items. It is now much clearer.

Quote:Controlled

This field denotes whether the item is to have lot control on it. Lot control is known by several terms including, batch control, bundle control, roll control. In short it allows a reference for each batch of the item to be entered at the time of delivery, transfer, stock check, invoicing etc. When booking in controlled items the batch references and the quantities in each batch must be entered. Many quality control systems that require traceability of raw materials need this functionality to establish what batch of raw material was used in a given work order. Or what roll of cloth was sold to a given customer. Other industries call their lots of product by different names a melt, a cut, a run etc. Every time a transaction involving a controlled item is created, the system will accumulate the quantity from a separate form for selecting the batches (Lot/roll/melt/work order/serial numbers).

Serialised

Serialised is a special case of controlled where the batch size is always one. The system will prompt for the serial number of each item of stock being received and stock records will be maintained for all serial numbers separately. Serialised does not have any effect if controlled is not set.