webERP Forum
Default location for inventory adjustments - Printable Version

+- webERP Forum (http://www.weberp.org/forum)
+-- Forum: webERP Discussion (http://www.weberp.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: How To ? (http://www.weberp.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Default location for inventory adjustments (/showthread.php?tid=2128)

Default location for inventory adjustments - karlboer - 02-25-2014

Hello,

I have multiple locations with different people in charge of the inventory on each location. I have two questions:

1) Right now the default selection for "Adjustment to stock at location" on the "Inventory Adjustment" page is always the same no mater which user is logged on. Is there a way to set this so it defaults to the logged in user's location?

2) Also, I would like to have it so that users can only make inventory adjustments on their own inventory location. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks much!

RE: Default location for inventory adjustments - Exsonqu_Qu - 02-25-2014

Hi,

There is no such feature now!

Best regards!

Exson

RE: Default location for inventory adjustments - Forums - 02-25-2014

(02-25-2014, 03:55 AM)karlboer Wrote: 1) Right now the default selection for "Adjustment to stock at location" on the "Inventory Adjustment" page is always the same no mater which user is logged on. Is there a way to set this so it defaults to the logged in user's location?

Are you talking about Inventory Adjustements (StockAdjustments.php)? On my system here it does go to the users default location. What version are you using?

Quote:2) Also, I would like to have it so that users can only make inventory adjustments on their own inventory location. Is there a way to do that?

I did this ages ago but as I once accidentally put in a wrong css class I am banned from committing my code. It's not hard to do, though it affects a lot of files, so is quite some work. If anyone fancies applying it I can send them a link to the diff on my github site.

Thanks
Tim

RE: Default location for inventory adjustments - karlboer - 02-25-2014

Tim,

If you would be willing, I would love to take a look at what you did.

Thanks,

Karl
(02-25-2014, 06:48 PM)Forums Wrote:
(02-25-2014, 03:55 AM)karlboer Wrote: 1) Right now the default selection for "Adjustment to stock at location" on the "Inventory Adjustment" page is always the same no mater which user is logged on. Is there a way to set this so it defaults to the logged in user's location?

Are you talking about Inventory Adjustements (StockAdjustments.php)? On my system here it does go to the users default location. What version are you using?

Quote:2) Also, I would like to have it so that users can only make inventory adjustments on their own inventory location. Is there a way to do that?

I did this ages ago but as I once accidentally put in a wrong css class I am banned from committing my code. It's not hard to do, though it affects a lot of files, so is quite some work. If anyone fancies applying it I can send them a link to the diff on my github site.

Thanks
Tim

RE: Default location for inventory adjustments - Forums - 02-26-2014

Hi Karl, its publicly available but I'm not allowed to advertise any of my stuff here. Send an email to tim@weberpafrica.com and I will forward you the link.

Tim