webERP Forum
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() - Printable Version

+- webERP Forum (http://www.weberp.org/forum)
+-- Forum: webERP Discussion (http://www.weberp.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Problems / Bugs? (http://www.weberp.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() (/showthread.php?tid=1936)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() - sarakaj - 10-11-2013

After installing weberp on my virtual Arvixe server I got the log in page. Entering the user and password I got this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() in /home/sarakaj/public_html/ManSar.us/weberp/includes/MiscFunctions.php on line 112Angry
Any suggestion?
Thanks
John

RE: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() - phil - 10-11-2013

Hi John,

Yes - the answer to this one is simple - you just need to enable the mbstring PHP extension in your php.ini file - if you are using a windows server. Do a find on extensions and make sure that the mbstring extension is enabled.
If you are on shared hosting you often get some options in cpanel to choose which PHP modules/extensions to enable.

We need this mbstring extension because we use utf-8 characters throughout and these guys are a couple of bytes per character. I thought the installer checked for the availability of the mbstring module/extension but perhaps not?

RE: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() - Exsonqu_Qu - 10-11-2013

Hi, all,

I've checked the installer of webERP4.11, the mbstring extension configuration has been checked during installation.
Does that mean there is bug for the installer?

Best regards!

Exson

RE: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() - sarakaj - 10-12-2013

(10-11-2013, 12:56 AM)sarakaj Wrote: After installing weberp on my virtual Arvixe server I got the log in page. Entering the user and password I got this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() in /home/sarakaj/public_html/ManSar.us/weberp/includes/MiscFunctions.php on line 112Angry
Any suggestion?
Thanks
John

Thanks Phil, the problem is when I am trying to add the extension, the editor complains that it does not exists. should I edit php.ini directly like:
extension=mbstring.so
or what would be syntax. Please see my attachment
Thanks,
John

RE: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() - TurboPT - 10-13-2013

(10-12-2013, 10:46 PM)sarakaj Wrote: Thanks Phil, the problem is when I am trying to add the extension, the editor complains that it does not exists. should I edit php.ini directly like:
extension=mbstring.so
or what would be syntax. Please see my attachment
Thanks,
John

For my windows installation [I don't have linux nearby at the moment, but the matter should be very similar]...

I have this entry in my php.ini file:

[PHP_MBSTRING]
extension=php_mbstring.dll

Yours will probably be similar, but the extension will end with: .so
Check the php installation, there should be an 'ext' directory to find the relative file name found on your system.

Of course, after applying this change the webserver will need to be restarted.

Side note:
Should you discover that you can't find a 'mbstring' file, the supporting module might not be installed. To see what modules are installed, from the command line, you can use the command: php -m to see what modules are available. If mbsting is NOT found in the output listing [alphabetically displayed], then it needs to be installed.

RE: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() - sarakaj - 10-15-2013

I have added this into my php.ini file (see below) but still getting the error and NOT being able to log in:

extension=mbstring.so
mbstring.substitute_character =
mbstring.detect_order =
mbstring.http_input =
mbstring.encoding_translation = On
mbstring.internal_encoding =
zend_extension=/usr/local/php53/lib/php/extensions/ioncube.so
zend_extension=/usr/local/php53/lib/php/extensions/ZendOptimizer.so

RE: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() - phil - 10-16-2013

In a linux/unix environment mbstring is a compilation option - I am no PHP config whizz and you may have better luck on the PHP forums. On shared hosting you should contact your host. Of course dll is a windows dynamic link library whereas in linux/unix world we use shared objects .so files. It will not be correct to have both

Code:
extension=mbstring.so

in the php.ini - it looks to me as though the rest of the file is linux/unix php.ini so the extension=php_mbstring.dll will no doubt be causing problems.

RE: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strstr() - TurboPT - 10-18-2013

What system do you have?

For Fedora/Redhat, you might be able to install the lib in this manner:

yum install php-mbstring

...then restart the webserver after intallation is complete.

Of course, you will need to find the install command appropriate for your specific environment, if you do not have Fedora/Redhat.

The yum package manager is available on other linux environments too, try simply typing yum at the prompt to know if it exists, but you might have to first be sudo or root to run this command.