webERP Forum

Full Version: Control of shipments to customers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all:

Now we can control shipments from suppliers but no shipments to customers.

If the company ships sales to customers, we can add the freight cost in order time, but no way to check the shipment itself.

Should it be wise to add in salesorders shipmenttrackingnumber fields. We already have the shipvia and deliverydate fields. Keeping the tracking number id of the shipment I think is needed.

Does everybody agree? or better... does someone disagree?
Rich
I agree with you, though its better to include it with options when to apply to be be default for every shipment, because there may be case when shipments costs on sales orders are going to be incurred by the customer.
Thank you,
Hi, Richard:

It seems a good idea. Should it be recorded as we issue an invoice?

Best regards!

Exson
(08-10-2013, 12:30 PM)PakRicard Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all:

Now we can control shipments from suppliers but no shipments to customers.

If the company ships sales to customers, we can add the freight cost in order time, but no way to check the shipment itself.

Should it be wise to add in salesorders shipmenttrackingnumber fields. We already have the shipvia and deliverydate fields. Keeping the tracking number id of the shipment I think is needed.

Does everybody agree? or better... does someone disagree?

Great Idea!
I keep shipping tracking numbers in my Trouble Ticket System at the moment.
Cheers
Terry
We already have the consignment number recorded at the time of confirm/dispatch invoice - perhaps we should make this visible in customer inquiry screen rather than requiring an invoice reprint.
I think that's a excellent idea. I often have clients phoning me and asking for a tracking number, even tho its emailed to them at time of delivery.

Cheers
Terry
(08-12-2013, 07:40 AM)phil Wrote: [ -> ]We already have the consignment number recorded at the time of confirm/dispatch invoice - perhaps we should make this visible in customer inquiry screen rather than requiring an invoice reprint.

Hi Phil:

We use this field for a different purpose. We send goods to customers "under consignment agreement", and we use this field to identify these kind of shipments to customers (that's what we understood from field's name, and so far works OK).

What is needed, I think, is a different field recording the number of the shipment. as soon as one shipment is delayed, customer will contact supplier (us) and ask us to track and check, and blah blah, so we have to be able to track it down.

A second nice step would be to link directly the shipper's webpage, so we can check the shipment with a single click.

Commited as a new field in debtortrans in SVN as rev6192.

Pls check if it is OK. Now we should print it somewhere, probably at the invoice.
Hi, Richard:

It may confused some users if you add an extra field for it. Since we've already translated it as shipment no.

Best regards!

Exson
Hi Exson:

Phil just emailed me about it with your same POV. My bad. Sorry.

I backrolled this revision just now.

I feel we all are talking about the same thing in different ways, so the comments in the thread seem positive to keep the tracking number, but seems that we already have it. I'm a bit confused. I will wait for more light from all of you before I do any change about it.

Exson: Which field did you translate as "Shipment no"?
Hi, Richard:

I've reviewed the invoice interface and found that the consignment note ref was translated to 'shipment no'.

And I agree that we should make it more convenient to be found by the users and it's a great idea to link the No to the forwarder's website if there is any.

Best regards!

Exson
Pages: 1 2