webERP Forum

Full Version: About Asset Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Tim,

I have some questions about asset manager

1- In asset manager, are these "assets" and actual purchased assets not linked in the general ledger? For example, I purchased a company car, but in asset management, do I have to re-enter a name and specific information or directly selecting from the purchased fixed assets?
2- Is there no way to enter the actual cost of an asset in asset manager, but only from csv format?
3- If I import costs directly from a CSV table, is the cost in the currency of the country where I operate or in the main country currency?
4- If I operate the depreciation in the asset manager, will its depreciation cost and others will be applied to the general ledger or is it just a reference here?

I would appreciate if you give a detailed explanation.

Alex
(10-09-2022, 07:05 AM)ALEXSHEN Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Tim,

I have some questions about asset manager

1- In asset manager, are these "assets" and actual purchased assets not linked in the general ledger? For example, I purchased a company car, but in asset management, do I have to re-enter a name and specific information or directly selecting from the purchased fixed assets?
2- Is there no way to enter the actual cost of an asset in asset manager, but only from csv format?
3- If I import costs directly from a CSV table, is the cost in the currency of the country where I operate or in the main country currency?
4- If I operate the depreciation in the asset manager, will its depreciation cost and others will be applied to the general ledger or is it just a reference here?

I would appreciate if you give a detailed explanation.

Alex
Does anyone have time to help me explain these questions? Urgent!!!

Alex
I'll have to take a look at the asset manager area this weekend. Not an area that I'm closely familiar with.
(10-14-2022, 01:52 PM)TurboPT Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to take a look at the asset manager area this weekend. Not an area that I'm closely familiar with.
Thank you very much! 

Because it is unclear whether the asset manager is related to the actual general ledger?
Unfortunately, I'm not a GL expert either, but looking at the GL Accounts area, there are various entries that already exist for fixed assets.
All of my entries there have Not set up in the cash flow column.

The manual section for the Asset Manager does seem to be helpful.
There is a sequence of steps: (you may have already done some of this)

1. Define asset categories and locations
2. Then add fixed asset item(s)
3. Then a purchase order is placed for the asset as a non-stock item. It is also possible to add cost to existing assets in this way.
4. Instead of entering a purchase order with the asset specified directly it is possible to enter a purchase invoice directly allocating the charges to any number of fixed assets.
(there are a few more details about each at the manual section, and other details beyond the sequence of steps)

Also, our demo site does have some assets listed, if that may be something to check?

I looked at that too, but I've not yet tried to add an asset, which I'll try to do tomorrow. I was only trying to get an overview at the moment.
Thank you for your attention. I originally wanted to improve this and enter the fixed assets.
But I have tried many times and found that there is no way to establish a connection between fixed assets and general ledger accounts, so I also gave up.

Alex