webERP Forum

Full Version: Setup a Company - Hiring out of Assets/equipment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Is it possible for weperp to be able to setup a company that hires/rents out its assets/equipment?

The equipment needs to depreciated, and no replenishment will take place because this is an asset.

Example.
I have 6 speakers. Hiring out the 2 x speakers for a specific date. If I want to hire out another 2 speakers for the same date, it should show an availability of 4 speakers. Then when that day has passed, I should be able to check back the speakers. Now the availability should show 6 again.

Please help?
Hello Waldo,

No, there is no rental functionality at the moment... it is all about trading stock currently. It would be a good project to add hireage capability. Perhaps by invoicing a rental item - that then requires selection of various parameters perhaps including, duration of hirage, the fixed asset that is being rented out, the security taken, condition etc... would need new table(s) to flag when items are rented out till and to whom. Printing of the invoice would need to produce a rental agreement etc... and sign off by customer - and one copy retained. etc etc
(03-08-2013, 06:35 AM)phil Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Waldo,

No, there is no rental functionality at the moment... it is all about trading stock currently. It would be a good project to add hireage capability. Perhaps by invoicing a rental item - that then requires selection of various parameters perhaps including, duration of hirage, the fixed asset that is being rented out, the security taken, condition etc... would need new table(s) to flag when items are rented out till and to whom. Printing of the invoice would need to produce a rental agreement etc... and sign off by customer - and one copy retained. etc etc

Hi Phil,
Thank you for you reply. I believe it would be a good project.
Do you see you guys doing something like this in the near future?

It tends to be driven by someone who needs the functionality... I am always keen to work with those people :-)