webERP Forum

Full Version: Error on 1and1 shared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have installed WebERP on shared host of 1and1.
I have extracted the archive, I gave all the details on the install page (very neat by the way).

Then I get the login window (after a long moment). But I can not manage to login.
I re installed from scratch another time, just in case I did something wrong ... but I end up at the same point.

On the login window, I can chose from a drop down list either my db name or weberpdemo. I typed the admin password in both case, but to avail.

After a fee attempts to login I got the following messages :
[undefined=undefined]Warning: file() [function.file]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in ..../htdocs/webERP/includes/MiscFunctions.php on line 229

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/finance/converter?...USD&to=AUD) [function.file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in ..../htdocs/webERP/includes/MiscFunctions.php on line 229

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../htdocs/webERP/includes/MiscFunctions.php on line 230

Warning: file() [function.file]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in ..../htdocs/webERP/includes/MiscFunctions.php on line 229

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/finance/converter?...USD&to=GBP) [function.file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in ..../htdocs/webERP/includes/MiscFunctions.php on line 229[/undefined]

What can I do to fix this ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
L@u
I have try to re-install again, this time giving rights to the wolrd (Linux persmission) and not inserting the demo data.

And I got the following message :

ERROR Message Report : Security settings have not been defined for your user account. Please advise your system administrator. It could also be that there is a session problem with your PHP web server

But I sill don't know what to do ! !
Do you know if PHP is installed in "safe" mode? Preventing access to certain PHP functions:

Quote: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration....
Is there an option to NOT have PHP in safe mode??
OK, you pointed me in the right direction.

In fact, it's php configuration that needs to be changed.
Lukily, 1and1 allows to change php.ini even in a shared environment.
I just created a php.ini file with the following line in it :
allow_url_fopen = 1

But I still can not log in: I get a login error when I try.
How many databases have you got for webERP ... have a look at the www_users table and see if it is populated with the user you specified?

You can use phpMyAdmin to:
Code:
UPDATE www_users SET password=sha1('myNewPassword') WHERE userid='MyUserID';

What does the login error say?
I have only one database.
The update did it: I can login now ! ! ;-)

Strangely, it seems the password created was not the one I typed in. I am sure to have typed in the right one, as I re-installed many times and always copy/paste the password.

Anyway, it works now and I am going to test webERP a bit more, in my own environment (instead of the test of weberp.org).

Thanks for the help.
I will have a run through of the installation routine and see if I can figure out what happened.
Thanks for reporting anyway and glad you persevered to give webERP a shot.
When copy/pasting the password, we've had users not realize that a leading [or trailing] space was part of the copy when pasted, so maybe that could have been part of the problem?