webERP Forum

Full Version: Invoicing Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If some Inovice is wrong, how do we can make it null/void/not valid/cancelled, so the system doesn't include it in the sales reports. The same goes with Delivery Orders.

And how do we work with differents invoice numbers, p.e. we have the number 003000xxx for one purpose and the 00100000xxx for another. Is there any way to make it possible??

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry about my english.
You have to credit an invoice where there is a mistake - so a trail of the errors is retained. Otherwise too easy to hide fraudulent transactions.

Transactions have to have a numeric sequence
(12-06-2012, 09:21 AM)phil Wrote: [ -> ]You have to credit an invoice where there is a mistake - so a trail of the errors is retained. Otherwise too easy to hide fraudulent transactions.

Transactions have to have a numeric sequence

Thanks for your quick response

Ok I get it about crediting invoices, (here in Peru we manage a little bit different the invoices).

About the numeric sequence in transactions, here in Peru the peruvian IRS force to have pre-printed invoices with the serial number and numeric sequence for each POS. P.e. If I create invoices on my store I have serial number 001 so my first invoice would be 001000001, but at my office where I inovice to special customers I haver serial number 002 so my first invoice at that POS would be 002000001 (the pre-printed invoice number must match the number in weberp, because the peruvian IRS request the system invoices report with the real pre-printed copy that matches)

I hope I explained clearly. Is the any way to manage different serial invoices per POS?
My POS (Counter-Logic POS) can have a separate number sequence ... these POS invoices are referenced back to webERP invoices when the POS invoices are brought into webERP by referring to the POS unique identifier and then the POS transaction number in the reference field of the invoice.
Counter-Logic POS attracts a small annual fee though and is a separate project to webERP - see web-site
(12-06-2012, 02:02 PM)phil Wrote: [ -> ]My POS (Counter-Logic POS) can have a separate number sequence ... these POS invoices are referenced back to webERP invoices when the POS invoices are brought into webERP by referring to the POS unique identifier and then the POS transaction number in the reference field of the invoice.
Counter-Logic POS attracts a small annual fee though and is a separate project to webERP - see web-site

Ok, that looks promising, one last question, I need to start with the credit note number 70, in what table should I change the auto_increment value on the database?
(12-06-2012, 02:02 PM)phil Wrote: [ -> ]My POS (Counter-Logic POS) can have a separate number sequence ... these POS invoices are referenced back to webERP invoices when the POS invoices are brought into webERP by referring to the POS unique identifier and then the POS transaction number in the reference field of the invoice.

I'm so sorry I have one more question, how do I advance the invoice number sequence? p.e. I want to start at the number 3195, but weberp always tells me "Invoice 1 Generated, Invoice 2 Generated, etc" is there any way to advance the sequence so it picks the number I set and then goes forward?
The transaction numbers are not auto increments - they are held in the table systypes.
You must manually edit the table systypes in phpMyAdmin or similar mysql client to set the typeno for the transaction type you wish to seed at a particular value or run the SQL

To update the first invoice number to 3195 - I think I remembered the field names correctly but getting older!!
Code:
UPDATE systypes SET typeno=3194 WHERE type=10;
Similarly for credit notes
Code:
UPDATE systypes SET typeno=69 WHERE type=11;

(12-07-2012, 09:08 AM)phil Wrote: [ -> ]The transaction numbers are not auto increments - they are held in the table systypes.
You must manually edit the table systypes in phpMyAdmin or similar mysql client to set the typeno for the transaction type you wish to seed at a particular value or run the SQL

To update the first invoice number to 3195 - I think I remembered the field names correctly but getting older!!
Code:
UPDATE systypes SET typeno=3194 WHERE type=10;
Similarly for credit notes
Code:
UPDATE systypes SET typeno=69 WHERE type=11;

Thanks a lot you just made my day, is there any guid about the documents type number? (Invoices are number 10 as I see)
The type name tells you what the transaction type is. If you browse the data for systypes

SELECT * FROM systypes;

you'll see
Oh, thanks a lot !!!
Pages: 1 2 3