webERP Forum

Full Version: email from system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All
How can I change the email address from the system.
I am using windows server 2008 with SMTP email and when sending an email from the system the from address is domain\user@host where can I change this.
Thanks
Dave
Hi, Dave,

Have you tried the SMTP server details in setup module?

Best regards!

Exson
Yes this is the problem it is on a 2011 SBS server which has exchange server and the user for SMTP is domain\user and the host is localhost .
Hi, Dave,

I think you're using the locale server's mail function instead of smtp mail.
Did you set the Using smtp mail as NO in system parameter of setup module?

Best regards!

Exson
Have you set the necessary parameters in php.ini

In a windows server environment PHP uses SMTP insted of the Linux binary sendmail (or replacement)

You need to edit php.ini to set the smtp parameters

http://www.php.net/manual/en/mail.configuration.php
The issue is that I am using Windows Small Business Server 2011 and is running exchange server and I need to use the local host I have no problem with weberp sending the mail the way I am using it, the issues is the email received has the local host domain info in the from (domain\user@host) I would like to customize the system to show a different form email address in the recipient email From:.
Thanks
Dave
There is a default for some emails - setup in system config - depends which from you are after.
Thanks for all the help I was able to reconfigure the server to use SMTP on port 587 and create a relay connection in exchange and then I set smtp to yes I now can used a email address that I setup for sending out of weberp I also had to forward port 587 in the router.