webERP Forum

Full Version: Date picker issues with customer notes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't seem to get past date validation or use the data picker in AddCustomerTypeNotes.php and AddCustomerNotes.php
"Please enter date in format of" even if I select date from date picker
Update. This issue only happens in google Chrome. I have 2 different date pickers available in that Browser (Browser date picker and WebERP date picker). It works ok in IE and Firefox because they do NOTO recognize the HTML Element and fallback to "text".
I noticed the two programs "AddCustomerNotes.php" and "AddCustomerTypeNotes.php" both use the new input type="date" HTML 5 element. They are the only 2 programs that seem to use them.
Chrome's date picker is different that the WebERP default.
Unless all date fields are converted to input type="Date" I would say we shouldn't use the input type since it yields different experience across browsers.
Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

This is because Chrome implements it's own date picker for form items of HTML5 type of date. You can get around it by changing that type back to text. It seems to me to be wrong of Google to do this, as other browsers aren't at the moment doing it, and any application or site that implements its own date picker (and most will do) will break using Chrome.

A possible work around is to have an small button to the right of the input box that shows the webERP date picker, and take out the event handler that currently shows our date picker. This would at least work in all browsers.

Tim
Seems like we are on the same page and posted around the same time the issue. Locally I am making the change back to "text" in my 2 programs for now
These are the only two scripts that use type="date" so I think it's just a mistake, so yeah just change them.

Tim
Thanks for this spot Andrew - I will fix in the trunk.