webERP Forum

Full Version: Clean en_US messages.po file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The messages.po file that came with my installation is not very good.
There are many many many items that all translate to "The SQL used to retrieve the vendor details and failed was". Very few have anything to do with Vendors. Seems like a bad search and replace!
It also contains a lot of nonsensical translations. I can edit it but there are so many incorrect translations I would rather start clean and just translate what I want to change, not have to review every previously translated string.

Is there a cleaner one available that anybody cares to share?
I cannot use the utility to generate one since I am on a hosted server and cannot get xgettext loaded.

Yes - you can use the blank ... empty one at locale/en_GB.utf8/LC_MESSAGES/messages.pot

Quote:The SQL used to retrieve the vendor details and failed was

probably should have read:

Quote:The SQL that was used to retrieve the supplier details and failed was

I am a disgrace to the Queen :-(
SO basically the .pot is the same as a .po file but named differently to mark it as a template?
Also - I wasn't referring to the grammar but that translation was applied to items not related to vendors or suppliers (many many times).
Example:
Source: "This function returns a list of payment method codes."
Translation: "The SQL used to retrieve the vendor details and failed was"

Oh well in that case - the code needs fixing!
No Phil, its not the source it is the fact that you changed to leaving fuzzy matching on when you do your msmerge. You need to revert to how it was done before your takeover, that is using a -N flag on msmerge. I am not sure how the mess that has been caused in the meantime can be changed as there are now lots of translations that are from accurate.

Tim
Ah - not good - I see what you mean ...

The -N flag has never been used according to the history of the /build/make_release.sh script

http://sourceforge.net/p/web-erp/code/65...release.sh

Will need a bit of thought to try to rebuild some of the translations where those strings were not translated.
male_release ? Smile

I don't know much about that script I never used it so I will take your word for that.

Thanks
Tim
Should be noted that a lot of menu names changed as well - to things completely unrelated. Example, User Maintenance translated to "Sales Territory Maintenance". Until I figured out I had a translation issue I was going nuts wondering why Users Maintenance disappeared.