webERP Forum

Full Version: how to allow purchase tender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
admin has no rights to enter purchase tenders, on a system based back on 3.x -> 4.0.5 -> most recent.

How to change that? I found the page security settings but not where they are allocated against a role or user.

any help is appreciated.

Klaus
Hi, Klaus:

Just go to main menu->Setup->User Maintenance->Edit-> User Can Create Tenders: (Set this one to Yes).

Log out -->Then done. Sometime you have to flush the cache of browser.

Best regards!

Exson
Hi, Klaus:

You should add valid Supplier id too when you edit the user data.

Sorry for the mistake.

Best regards!

Exson
(04-15-2012, 01:44 AM)Exsonqu_Qu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Klaus:

You should add valid Supplier id too when you edit the user data.

Sorry for the mistake.

Best regards!

Exson

Hi Exson,

unfortunately, that is not sufficient yet.
I get

WARNUNG - : You do not have authority to create supplier tenders for this company.
Please see your system administrator

Or: what do you mean by supplier id? Is it one I choose to indicate myself on the tender document, or is it an id I have to take from the system or database?

best regards,

Klaus
Hi, Klaus:

You should choose it from suppliers which you created in the system.

Main menu->Suppliers->Search supplier-->Choose one code you like to assign to the role administrator.

Best regards!

Exson

Hi Exson,

thanks - but no, this is not the solution.

If I understand you correctly, on the demo company, I could enter BINGO, for example. But I am still not allowed to enter the script.

Klaus
OK, that is solved after re-loggin in . Thank you!!

What is the meaning of that supplier id? I didn't find any reference in the wiki.

May I propose that you change the demo database so that admin is allowed to do this? (he is admn, so shouldn't he/she be allowed in a demo?).

Now I am stuck at process tenders:
INFORMATION Message : There are no offers outstanding that you are authorised to deal with

I can see the tender and edit it - what should I do next?

thanks.

Klaus
Hi, Klaus:

You'd check the set up of Purchase Order authorization: Main menu->setup -> Set Purchase Order Authorisation levels.

Does the admin has authority about the currency of the offers? Is the admin allowed to create new order?

If all above checked is yes, you should check the expiry date of the offers. Is it later than today?

Hope it's helpful.

Best regards!

Exson

(04-16-2012, 05:46 PM)opto Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Exson,

thanks - but no, this is not the solution.

If I understand you correctly, on the demo company, I could enter BINGO, for example. But I am still not allowed to enter the script.

Klaus
OK, that is solved after re-loggin in . Thank you!!

What is the meaning of that supplier id? I didn't find any reference in the wiki.

May I propose that you change the demo database so that admin is allowed to do this? (he is admn, so shouldn't he/she be allowed in a demo?).

Now I am stuck at process tenders:
INFORMATION Message : There are no offers outstanding that you are authorised to deal with

I can see the tender and edit it - what should I do next?

thanks.

Klaus

We really could do with some documentation for this area.

If someone has figured out how it is supposed to work it would be a nice contribution to write this up for inclusion in the manual.