webERP Forum

Full Version: Pending 4.15.1 release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wanted to have this release done earlier this month, but other things interfered. No big worries, though, as it's been a little over 4 months since the 4.15 release in May.

Later this week and into the weekend, I'll try to get this accomplished. I'd like to add Michelle's tax-specific change (would go into 2 files) and I need to test the installer a few times, as I believe that it might still have a 'quirk' or two to fix (if necessary) before release.

Other than that, I have already committed what changes that I had in my 4.15.1 branch to head earlier this month. As part of those changes was improved language detection based on server info to:

[Image: xd5b2v.png]

Specifically, changes to use the hyphenated portion like the en-US shown above.
Does anyone have a server example that might NOT have the hyphenated language within the string? My example is from Apache, so it would be curious as to what Nginx or some other non-Apache server might show.

Besides the language, tax, and installer matters -- is there anything else that needs to be included with this next release that I may have overlooked?
My nginx server shows:

$_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'] en-GB,en;q=0.7,en-US;q=0.3

Tim
Now that a year has passed since the 4.15 release, it is more than past time to do the 4.15.1 release!

The effort will begin preparations this weekend (5/24 - 5/27) with the intent to release the next weekend (6/1 or 6/2)

SO, this notice is the chance for anyone to highlight any issues that they have presented and do NOT believe have been fixed or committed to GitHub.

This also gives a little more than a week to cover any other potential matters that might not already be known.
Update on the release effort:

At the point of running the make release script. (I did get my Unbuntu restored, so this will be helpful)
Then I'd like to do a basic install test-run before tagging and posting to GitHub and Sourceforge.
Have you checked with Rafael that the make release script won't harm anything he does with the translations?

I seem to recall he now does the merges differently and I can't recall if the release script was changed for that.

Tim
Tim, yes I did. (via email)

He did say that he'd run the languages and upload, but I've not yet seen an upload.
However, with the last release, I used whatever the make release script created as part of the language compile. (there were a couple of changes to this script)
(I don't recall any reported related language issues afterwards, so this might not be too big a deal?)
You are probably right about it not being too big a deal. The release script uses

msgmerge -U -N --backup=off --no-wrap

and I seem to remember a discussion about this being wrong, but I may be misremembering. Smile

I put this gettext stuff in the release script originally to bring the .po files up to date for each release. As Rafael is doing that anyway is there any need to keep it in now?

Tim
Not sure, but it may need to stay if Rafael might not be available?

I had a little config trouble with Apache last night not loading PHP files, but I was able to get this part sorted, and working.

It appears that I might have a sessions issue that I was not able to resolve before having to stop. A var_dump on the AllowedPageTokens at line 227 is reporting null. (sessions.inc)
...and I can't resolve the error reported from the handling at that area. (I'm using the default admin creds on the weberpdemo DB)

Any ideas on this as I keep researching the trouble?
I don't recall this trouble before, so I am likely missing some other config.

A little good news, though, that after login the page redirected for DB update, so the new DB release params is working. That's as far as I get when the error from sessions handling appears.
(06-03-2019 10:15 PM)TurboPT Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure, but it may need to stay if Rafael might not be available?

Well is has always seemed to me we do this the wrong way around. We should introducing the new strings as they happen so that anyone doing a translation has them to there to translate. I think this is why Rafael does what he does. Previously we didn't bring in the new strings to the .pot file until the release was done.

Doesn't really matter for now, just a thought for the future.
Quote:I had a little config trouble with Apache last night not loading PHP files, but I was able to get this part sorted, and working.

It appears that I might have a sessions issue that I was not able to resolve before having to stop. A var_dump on the AllowedPageTokens at line 227 is reporting null. (sessions.inc)
...and I can't resolve the error reported from the handling at that area. (I'm using the default admin creds on the weberpdemo DB)

Any ideas on this as I keep researching the trouble?
I don't recall this trouble before, so I am likely missing some other config.

I take it we are actually talking about the session.php script? It was renamed. Smile
I have just tried putting that var_dump at line 227 here and it works fine. To try the easiest thing first have you deleted all the session data from wherever your PHP is placing them (by default the temporary folder)?

Quote:A little good news, though, that after login the page redirected for DB update, so the new DB release params is working. That's as far as I get when the error from sessions handling appears.

Tim
Discovered my sessions issue:

SO, apparently, the default admin password is invalid. After restoring the pass to 'weberp', THEN the sessions output at line 227 was no longer null, all the tokens printed.
I looked back to a couple of posts where this was mentioned, but I guess it didn't seem to be an issue to me. Heck, I might have even changed my admin default password, locally, some time ago, so it would not have been as obvious.

Thus, it looks like that I need to update/set the weberpdemo password back to the expected default as part of this release. I also noted that the redirect to UpgradeDatabase is missing the exit after header() call.

It also seems as if the entire block of code for the DB upgrade (lines 197-201) should move down to, say, line 236?
... which is after where the session tokens are checked. (also after where I was getting the session error message yesterday)

Anyway, now I can continue the release effort and other testing over the next few days.
I don't get much time as I'd like weeknights, so there's a chance that it may slide into Saturday.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's