webERP Forum

Full Version: webERP for ETO/MTO Environments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody tried to use webERP for ETO/MTO Environments?

In this case a new Item must be created for each Job and a BoM specific to that new Item created and composed of standard Items kept in stock and/or Items purchased to suit.

I believe that could work but what happens after the Job is shipped and invoiced? Do we just set the top-level Item to Discontinued so it no longer shows since it will never be built again in the future?

If the top-level Item is set to Discontinued will the books still reflect everything properly or would the setting to Discontinued have to wait until after payment is received?
Discontinued flag is really just to lose some of the chaff from item searches and try to minimise mistakes in input - in all other respects the item works like any other
Paul: Have you looked at the contracts functionality? This may do what you are looking for as it allows a BOM to be created specifically for a contract.

Phil: The obsolete stock options can be used in many other scenarios than just typing errors. It is common in many industries that a particular item is declared obsolete. I seem to remember Ricard did some work on substitute items as well for this
scenario.
(12-19-2017 06:26 AM)falkoner Wrote: [ -> ]Paul: Have you looked at the contracts functionality? This may do what you are looking for as it allows a BOM to be created specifically for a contract.

No, I have not looked at that and thank you so much for bringing it to my attention. That is exactly the scenario in that the BoM is a one-time use. While it is possible it could be used in the future it is highly improbable it would.

On a side note... It looks as if webERP has better MRP functionality than ECi M1 ERP my customer just implemented.
Reference URL's