webERP Forum

Full Version: Unable to Import Suppliers ver 4.12.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Z_ImportSuppliers.php was not connected on the Utilities menu.
We found the program and updated the MainMenuLinks with this addition and added in the page security record.

We have tried to import a small .csv file (3 rows heading and 2 rows with data). We are wondering was this turned off since it was not on the utilities menu?

We do not receive any errors, the screen says 2 exist 0 insert.
The supplier table is empty. We have also tried it with the system parameter for Automatic and manual for Supplier No.

Any clues we might be missing (we have been able to import customers)
(02-26-2015 09:27 AM)Bill Schlaerth Wrote: [ -> ]...
We have tried to import a small .csv file (3 rows heading and 2 rows with data)...

We do not receive any errors, the screen says 2 exist 0 insert.
The supplier table is empty. We have also tried it with the system parameter for Automatic and manual for Supplier No.

Any clues we might be missing (we have been able to import customers)

Thanks for the report! [and the example .csv file]

Fix committed to SVN, revision 7179.

(02-26-2015 09:27 AM)Bill Schlaerth Wrote: [ -> ]The Z_ImportSuppliers.php was not connected on the Utilities menu.
We found the program and updated the MainMenuLinks with this addition and added in the page security record.

... We are wondering was this turned off since it was not on the utilities menu?

I'm not aware of any "turned off" status for this file... Phil ?
No me neither.
Great to have it fixed though.
Probably should add it to the menu if we are comfortable that it works ok.
Found out 1 additional piece of info.
If we manually entered the two suppliers with only names.
The Update Works using the same sample csv
We found the issue. The portion where it tests to see if the Supplier Id is unique is testing on whether a row comes came for multiple counts. It does come back zero but it is testing on if a row comes back and this causes the row not to be imported. (In other SQL you get no rows back, but I guess MySQL you get a row when the count is zero). This gets us past our immediate issue of importing Suppliers. It also does not appear to increment if using Auto Supplier Number is turned on under Company Preferences (but we did not try this out).
Hope this helps make a resolution.
(03-04-2015 06:18 AM)Bill Schlaerth Wrote: [ -> ]We found the issue. The portion where it tests to see if the Supplier Id is unique is testing on whether a row comes came for multiple counts. It does come back zero but it is testing on if a row comes back and this causes the row not to be imported. (In other SQL you get no rows back, but I guess MySQL you get a row when the count is zero)...

Yes, we found that too. [The fix was referenced in a previous post (with a SVN revision#)]

See this link
Reference URL's